This is my I Love Lucy journal. You can read my take and observations on episodes, their synopsis', learn about the guest cast, learn about the bloopers and more.







Monday, September 20, 2010

The Diet~Season 1

 First Aired: October 29, 1951
Season: 1
# Made: 4

Synopsis: Ricky promises Lucy she can be in a number with him at the Tropicana, but ONLY if she can lose enough inches to fit the costume.  Lucy's determenation & drive in this episode is an inspiration to all I Love Lucy fans.

Bloopers:
Hello??: This was only the 4th episode (5th including the Lost Pilot).  Ricky was still getting used to props.  Watch when Ricky goes over to the ringing phone.  He says 'hello' before he gets the reciever halfway to his mouth.  How could Jerry hear him?

Songs: Cuban Pete/Sally Sweet.  The musical number in this episode is actually from Lucy & Desi's vaudeville routine.  Desi also starrd in a movie called "Cuban Pete" in 1946.

Notes: The Mertz's have a dog name Butch in this episode, but he's never seen after this.


Lucy: I guess we're all auditioning for the same part, huh.
Girl Auditioning (In the picture above, the one on the very left): Can I give you a tip?
Lucy: Oh, yes!
Girl Auditioning: I've known Ricky Ricardo for a long time...you're not his type.
The Diet~Season 1

No comments:

Post a Comment